Rather than the regular Biryani, Sindhi Biryani is more spicy and tasty.
I made it!
- Meat on bones:1kg(small portion)
- Rice banasmati:3 and1/2cups (washed and soaked)
- Tomatoes:2-3 medium(thin round slices)
- Garlic paste:2tbs
- Ginger paste:2tbs
- Plain yogurt:1/2cup(whipped)
- Small green chillies10-20(whole)
- Coriander leaves:1 cup(chopped)
- Mint leaves:1 cup (chopped)
- Cooking oil:1 cup
- Potatoes:2 medium(peeled and quartered)
- Onions:2 medium(finely sliced)
- Shan sindhi biryani masala:1 sachet(mix 1/2 cup water)
- Fry onions in hot oil until light golden.Add meat and garlic paste.Stir fry for 4-5minutes on high heat.
- Add shan sindhi biryanimasala, potatoes, yogurt,ginger paste and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add water(Beef/Lamb 4 cups,Chicken 2 cups).Cover and cook on low heat until meat is tender.When cooked there should be about two cups of gravy left (if less add water,if more increase heat).
- Place sliced tomatoes,green chillies,fresh coriander and mint leaves over the meat.Do notmix meat and green masala.Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.Do not stir.
- SEPARATELY:In 15 cupsof boiling water,stir in 3tbs of shan salt and soaked rice.Boil rice until 3/4 cooked remove and drain thoroughly.
- Spread coocked rice evenly over meat.Do not mix rice and meat.Cover and cook on low heat until rice is tender(5-10minutes).mix before serving.
No one Rate & Review this recipe, be the first one to rate this recipe.
Have something to say? Write a review