Chicken karahi is a Pakistani dish noted for its spicy taste and usage of capsicum. It is said that only one utensil is required to cook this dish and that is a karahi (wok).
I made it!
- Meat:1and1/2kg(small cubes)
- Garlic crushed:2tbs
- Ginger paste:1tbs
- Ginger julienne:2tbs
- Green chilies:6medium,whole
- Cooking oil:1and1/2cups
- Shan karahi Masala :1 sachet
- Mix garlic,ginger paste and shan karhi masala. Apply to meat and marinate(for:chicken 15 minutes, Goat/Lamb/Beef 1-2hrs+
- Heat 1 cup oil and stir fry meat on high heat for 5-6 minutes. Add julienne ginger.Cover and cook on low heat until meat is tender (chicken 10 minutes, Goat/Lamb/Beef 45 minutes).
- Separately heat 1/2 cup of oil and add tomatoes. Cook on low heat until soft (5-6 minutes). Stir periodically.
- Add cooked tomatoes and green chilies to the cooked meat.On medium heat stir-fry meat until oil separates from masala.stir constantly.
- if desired remove excessive oil.
- Add fresh coriander and butter.Stir fry and serve with hot naans.
No one Rate & Review this recipe, be the first one to rate this recipe.
Have something to say? Write a review